pens or pins? that is the question...


What's one to do when the heart and hands enjoy words and fabric, the pattern of paragraphs and quilts to an equal enthusiasm? To solve my dilemma I'm writing the print that stirs me and sharing the journey of blending fabrics into quilts and wearables, the discovery of old--be it quilts or friends, and the pleasures of today. Come...have a visit with me.

Monday, May 3, 2010

do I use a pen or pin?--the daily walk

Welcome,

Being a blog fan, it is inevitable that I finally join the modern crowd and become a "blogger." What do the multiple blog sites provide us, the reader? Why are we so attracted to them? From my perspective it is so simple...each reading keeps us attune to another and the similarities we all have. It is a joy to see your spring flowers, your grandchildren and hear about your latest venture--all on your blog.

So, I hope we'll share a bit about the daily life of our worlds, being a grandmother, a writer and teacher--or our favorite life directions; the special goals and struggles of putting words on a page, the creative direction of magical fabric units forming a great jacket or quilt, an occasional trip, the energy created in seminars I co-host and the classroom opportunities you give me.

And I want us to share the real fiber of life-God, family, friends, and the moments that make a difference. As I get older I find the phone calls, emails, notes and conversations over dinner are invaluable, necessary for the very breath of every day. Never an hour goes by that one of these particles simply impacts my thoughts and emotions.

Add the perks that make life energizing--a new or favorite book opened to an author's humor, wisdom or incite. Will I ever get my fill of the zillions of books I long to read or the quilt designs I long to sew? Or the sharing of the most "yummy" spinach and pear salad, or the best brownie? or the surprising find of mom's favorite biscuit recipe? To share these finds is a joy--try my reads and please, let me try yours.

So my blog is this...to share with you the daily walk. The walk we as women tread everyday, from breakfast to professional meetings, from family and friends to new acquaintances and experiences.

I hope to hear from you. And for today, my perks include:

A great read: IF YOU WANT TO WRITE by Brenda Ueland, first published in 1938. Current edition, Graywood Press.


And a favorite scripture: I Thessalonians 4:11 "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands. So that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so you will not be dependent on anybody."

And the favorite spinach salad--a combo of fresh spinach, chopped bosc pears, toasted walnuts,grated hard cheese (go light!),touch of crisp bacon and a mild vinaigrette dressing (on the side!)Enjoy!


til later,

ali

No comments:

Post a Comment