pens or pins? that is the question...


What's one to do when the heart and hands enjoy words and fabric, the pattern of paragraphs and quilts to an equal enthusiasm? To solve my dilemma I'm writing the print that stirs me and sharing the journey of blending fabrics into quilts and wearables, the discovery of old--be it quilts or friends, and the pleasures of today. Come...have a visit with me.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Is it Monday again?

Does time fly by in your day? I'm amazed at the speed of each day, and yes, it is Monday again!--the second Monday in May. Such a glorious time of year. I walked my daily mile this a.m. and loved the wild flowers blowing in the wind, the butterfly weed with little butterflies enjoying the bloom and the baby calves in the pastures.

Now, for those of you that know me, you know country life is not my first calling. I have a love/hate relationship to the wide open spaces. I miss the city stores (where is Barnes and Noble? the multiple choices of sale items when I need some new t-shirts, etc.?) Ain't here, but the beautiful trade off of nature is. It works; I've made it work for 15 years. The saving grace from the empty fences of pasture and cows is the computer, the quilt bees, the writing groups and Bible study friends. FRIENDS and FAMILY...the glue that holds us together.

The computer translates to friends and business connections. And I'm thrilled to say my latest connection is to THREADS MAGAZINE http://www.threadsmagazine.com/ with my published article about getting back into decorative machine stitching. Wow! It is such fun and so simple. Review the July, 2010 issue. My article is on page 80 forward; and I also love the article on beautiful ribbon embellishment and "no waste" garments--cutting garment shapes with no fabric waste. So creative.  I'm so glad to be writing articles again. Over the years I've written many sewing articles; now, I've found that self again.

And you might notice that I list Sue Spargo in my favorite blogs. Her work is amazing--and she is Quilting Adventures (http://www.quilting-adventures.com/) guest teacher for the fall session, September 12-15 in Boerne, Texas. If you want more info, check out our site. We can't wait for Sue to bring her talent to Texas. 

And Mother's Day--my house is full of beautiful flowers because of thoughtful men. My G brought me roses and his son Carl brought me roses again! I love it. Thank you guys.

And speaking of flowers, our neighbor Sandy had the coolest party. She has a new garden and to welcome the beginning of the growing season she hosted a ribbon cutting party, cutting a garden ribbon to celebrate the flowers, squash, peppers, etc. She and her husband served from the grill, all the neighbors brought the sides. It was a delightful welcome to summer. Thanks Sandy.

Energize yourself--have a great week and if you are looking for a great book:

A favorite read: QUILT mania--the fabulous French magazine (printed in English),
bi-monthly and available on big newsstands or by subscription http://www.quiltmania.com/

A favorite scripture: "Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things." Philipians 4:8

til then,

ali

No comments:

Post a Comment